Please read carefully as these policies state how my studio and teaching time is structured.
Lessons start Sept. 10, 2018 and run weekly to June 21, 2019
- I am teaching on all Pro-D days throughout the year
- No lessons on statutory holidays and during School Breaks
- No regular lessons during: ( extraordinary Lesson times can be arranged )
- Fall Break
- Winter Vacation
- 1 week during February (tba)
- Spring Break
- Summer Holidays
My thoughts for the coming year:
My goals for the year are:
- To encourage everyone to develop life-long skills and see individual improvement and growth through music
My expectations are:
- For everyone to try: Try to practice, try to learn the new skills, try to participate in performances. There is no failure. I don’t give grades. I don’t keep score on how many mistakes somebody makes. I want everyone to try and grow in their abilities.
My music teachers encouraged and supported me and taught me important life skills. It was my personal choice much later in life to make music into a career. Every student is different, but everyone will learn something if they try.
Performances and Exams:
My main objective for a performance is to help students develop life skills! We all need to deal with the pressure, nerves, the public and the ups and downs of being in the spotlight every once in a while. This skill is transferable to many other situations. Again, I’d like to see students try!!
I offer the option of taking music exams in voice, piano and theory through the Conservatory Canada and the Royal Conservatory of Canada Curriculum. Both programs have different options for the exam path.
Invoicing and payment:
Invoices are emailed at the end of each month and payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. There is an option to set up auto-payment through the student portal. I accept cash, cheque, e-transfer, paypal and credit card payments.
- 3 ring binder with lined paper for instructions and homework assignments, pencil and eraser
- I offer online notes as well which can be viewed on a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Music Books, CD’s, MP3 recordings, Karaoke as needed, tbd in class
- Participation in Festivals and Exams
- Accompanist charges for singers or instrumentalists at festivals and exams
- Canadian copyright laws require that all music used in the studio is legal; that means you have to purchase a copy of all music for yourself or your child.
Cancellation notice is 24 hours. There will be a regular charge for insufficient notice. I do not charge in case of emergencies or sickness. Please call, text or e-mail me and let me know.
I offer up to 3 make-up credits per year for the tuition based lessons. Any missed make-up lessons are considered a forfeit. Make-up credits expire at the end of the school year.
Termination of Lessons:
Termination of lessons requires ONE month notice, or payment of ONE monthly fee.
Students are expected to practice. The more time is spent practicing the greater the improvement. I will explain to each student how to practice during the lessons. Parents need to help younger students.
- Please be at the lesson 5 minutes early so we can start on time.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to sit in on their child’s lessons.
I enter students in competitions and organize recitals and performances. Pictures can be taken according to the event rules only.
I do post pictures on my website, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin occasionally and I am asking permission from you to do so.
I am very careful what I post, but it is social media.
I do not give out private information.
Please let me know if you DO NOT want your child's picture on Social Media
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask. I am looking forward to a musical year.